Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Spring has Sprung

I seem to be an extreme blogger  - I either plague you with a daily blog or you have to wait for ages for the next blog! Sorry. I seem to have been up to sooo many things.

The week after getting back was me trying to get back into the swing of work again. Golly it doesn't take long to feel as if I've not worked for weeks. Leicester just isn't quite Northumberland! The day I came back was the hardest as I arrived home to glorious sunshine and I wanted to say shall we go for a walk by the coast or go into the hills and all I could have said was shall we walk around the local golf course. Just not the same. But I'm not complaining as I know that this is where God wants us and by the time I'd been to church and met up again with all my church family I felt more settled.

I am very happy to announce that the girlies (chickens) are back to laying eggs regularly - earning their keep! So missed not collecting them and seeing all the various shapes. Also missed not being able to eat them as they are so much better than the ones I get from the shops - even after buying free range eggs. Also back to having piles of eggs and debating what to cook with them.

Last Friday I was a bundle of extremes! The morning was spent with me in a stew as my No 3 child was in hospital - having 4 wisdom teeth and 1 other tooth removed because the teeth were growing in all the wrong directions! Once I heard she was recovering ok and had come through the general anaesthetic without any problems I then started to go to the other extreme of getting excited as No 1 child due to fly in from Belfast.

The weekend was spent with my daughter. We drove to Shrewsbury to spend a night staying at my sister's home. She has a wonderful home and decorated in her unique style - which I love. Her and her husband spoilt my daughter and I rotten. We had a wonderful three course meal prepared for us - with my brother-in-law making sure that our champagne and wine glasses were kept topped up. This was then followed by a lovely relaxing time in front of their roaring log fire.

As we do not see each other very often, we all had lots to talk about. In fact so much to say that we did not end up getting to bed till 1.37am!! Golly I can't  remember when I last stayed up that late. Then I had the crazy job of trying to climb up onto my nephew's bunk bed! It was quite a sight and even more so when I fell down the ladders when I forgot something! Crazy thing was that I woke up at 7.30am - no lie in, Guess I was excited because No 1 and I were going to spend the day shopping.

But before shopping was brekkie and a mooch around the garden to see the new tree house.

I'm told to tell you all that you are to imaging the tree house with all the furniture uncovered, fairy lights on and buntings festooned.

I felt as if I was on safari standing up here - expected to see wildebeest crossing the fields!

Such a great view of the house from the tree house. I love the decking - makes me feel as if I am on holiday.

Well it's gone past my bedtime and I still haven't told you about the rest of the weekend. Sorry you'll just have to wait for the next episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment