Tuesday 15 January 2013

Challenges

Well I didn't really think of 2013 as the year of challenges. I am now eleven days into being a dry athalon. Golly it is really making me appreciate how hard it must be for my clients who are trying to give up smoking. Always had lots of empathy for them but this challenge has given me more insight as to how it might feel. Have become SO aware of how much social drinking there is on television programmes. It really must be difficult for those who have to be permanently alcohol free - not for the likes of me doing it on a whim for a limited period of time.

Yesterday whilst ironing I watched the film "Julie and Julia". I have never seen it before and it was absolutely wonderful. Story is about a young girl(Julie) who decides to write a blog about completing a challenge of cooking 524 recipes in 365 days from Julia Child's book - "Mastering the art of French cooking". Then having a conversation with my friend Mrs A got me thinking. As you all know I own 126 cookery books - well actually one sneaked in over Christmas, not quite sure how! So the total is 127! The decision I have come to is I am going to cook a recipe from every cook book. The aim being that I will have definitely cooked something from every cook book I own, by the end of the year! Now you cannot be legalistic about this as I will be having 2 weeks away camping - probably in France - so there maybe some weeks when this will not be possible. I am thinking that if I average 2-3 recipes a week that should hopefully be about right in order to complete this challenge. But I am guessing my maths buddies will correct me if I have calculated wrongly!

So am going to start with the recipe I cooked at the weekend ( well actually I did two from the same book) and you have already seen the photograph of this book in a previous blog.


127 cookery books      1 recipe       126 books to go!

 Well might as well continue tonight with this challenge. On my own so can have something Mr P won't like.


127 cookery books      2 recipes completed       125 books to go.

Lastly thought I'd show you another pictures of yesterdays snow - today not so much to see.

1 comment:

  1. Yaaay you go girl, I shall be watching with interest and may even make a few for my Mr P!

    ReplyDelete