Tuesday 21 October 2014

Ooops Forgot To Think Of A Title!

Golly it's been over a week since I've blogged! Shame on me! Maybe it reflects my mood. Been a little bit like the weather bit down in the dumps - nothing major, just a combination of a few things happening at the same time. But I'm almost fine now.

Saturday I made a trip to Birmingham in the hope of finding some shoes for my sons wedding. Well I got some shoes but when I got home, in the afternoon, I discovered that they did not fit my feet! I guess as the day had gone on my feet had swollen! Anyway the shoes were returned to a branch in Leicester and I have now got some boots to wear to the wedding instead! Golly I'm so glad I don't have to go to posh events often I could never cope with all this sorting out of clothes business.Sure my mum would be turning in her grave if she could read this - as she loved clothes shopping. But  did opt for a short walk along the canal whilst out.


It was so nice to get away from the noise and bustle of the big city to a more tranquil environment.






Outside the art gallery was this display - I guess ready for the World War 1 commemoration.


























Sunday afternoon I got very excited as I started a new craft project but cannot show you as it will be a Christmas present for my oldest daughter and hubby! Last night at craft group there was a bit of show and tell.


This quilt has been totally hand sewn! It is a Christmas present for her grandson - hope he enjoys it. Apologies for the quality of the picture.


This blanket has been crocheted, by a new member of the group, for a baby that is soon to be born. I love the colours - mmmm have a feeling it might be for a boy! Oh well time to finish blogging, washing up to be done as Mr P is away in Northumberland (that's usually his job). Need to be cleared up for Great British Sewing Bee extra special programme for fund raising. Have a good week all.

No comments:

Post a Comment