Monday 23 February 2015

Being Spoilt - The Woman In Black!

Oh I doooooo love birthdays, especially when they are mine! It's just so nice to get spoilt and have some special attention. At Christmas presents and cards get swamped with all that is going on, but when it's my birthday there is time. Time to enjoy opening the cards and reading them properly.


Mr P has this card lined up for some sermon illustration!











Now the person who sent me this card - I did not realise that they knew me soooo well. I have porridge virtually everyday!

In fact currently I am stock piling them from Aldi, as I noticed last year they stopped selling the flavour I like during the summer!.
















Now this cheeky one came from my dad!


Think my kitchen sometimes looks like this when I'm busy preparing one of Jamie's 30 Minute Meals!


The next card was designed and created by some friends who know me too well!


Hopefully some of these cards have amused you too! Now time for my presies! No little hands to help - all mine to enjoy! I am now the proud owner of two cycling helmets. This is going to be my weekend one that I use when I have my basket on my bike instead of my panniers and sensible grown up hat(to go to work)! Don't you think the flowers are great and will go with my happy buntings?!



I do so love getting parcels in the post and having to see them everyday till my birthday wondering what it is! This was my joy!




Some posh crochet hooks - not tried this make yet, but they do look good and fun with their cheerful colours.





Now I started journalling about a couple of years ago - I'm not very good and I'm certainly not displaying my attempted artwork here for you all to laugh at, but I do enjoy trying to draw. Hence the next present.


Now when I took the next picture I had done some work but last night I am about three quarters finished doing the embroidery. Cute isn't it?


I did also have some wine and sweets but can't take a picture as they've gone! Don't know how!


Another lovely scarf - think a girl can never have enough scarves! Also some more earrings.


I've been wanting this CD for a while now as the choir I sing in have performed two of these pieces. Ola Gjeilo is an amazing new composer and I love his work. Do listen to him and see if you like his music.


Now these books have been taken off my wish list! I love books! Just in case you didn't realise!


Trouble is I just don't have enough hours in a day - my eyes won't let me stay up later than 11pm to do crafting. Golly this going to work lark just gets in the way of crafting time. Would like to persuade my employers to let me work for two days and get paid as if I was working five days! Sounds reasonable to me!


I also had money - which I shall look forward to being able to spend at some later point. As you can see I had some fabulous presents, which I shall be able to enjoy for a long time. Sadly I had to go to work on my birthday but Mr P organised a treat for the evening. We went to the Curve Theatre.  We went to see The Woman In Black. This is a scarey novel written by Susan Hill. There were only two actors - Malcolm James and Matt Connor.  There were very few props, but the lighting and sound effects were amazing. Definitely worth seeing if this play comes to your area.



Well another year older and now entitled to a Scott 55 Railcard! Whooppee! So I was spoilt and I shamelessly enjoyed it! Hope you all have a good week and keep wrapped up warm if you are in the colder parts of the world or if you are in the fortunate position of having sun then keep creamed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment