Friday 15 August 2014

This and That

1st This and That....
This week on The Great British Bake Off  was biscuit baking session. So in preparation for the programme I decided to have a go at making some Florentines. All seemed to go well until it came to the baking. The mixture just seemed to spread into one big mess!


I got a knife and tried to push the mess back into biscuit shapes and then baked it longer in the oven. The next instruction was once the biscuits were cool to then melt the chocolate and that's was when I realised what I had done wrong! I had not read that before the biscuit mixture went into the oven I should have added some double cream! I thought the cream was going to be used in the chocolate mixture!. Oh well I managed to get some Florentines onto a plate.


They still tasted rather yummy.

2nd This and That.....
Do you ever have one of those moments when you have a brain wave? Well I had one in the shop The Range. As I was browsing around I noticed some fabric dyes and that's when the brain bell rang! In my wardrobe is a white summer dress. But whenever I have worn it Mr P says I am wearing a nightie. So why don't I try dying it red?

BEFORE..........



AFTER.............................



I am pleased with the finished result and I know now that I will feel happier wearing it now.

3rd This and That:
My last thoughts for today has been a little sad one - saying farewell to something we probably should have got rid of a while ago. It is our caravan, We had soo many lovely family holidays in it, but have not used it for some years. Mr P rightly suggested we tried selling it on ebay for a few pounds. This week it was sold and today a young family, also with four children, came to collect it. I could not bare to be around to see it go. I was really pleased to know that it had gone to have more happy adventures with a new family.


No comments:

Post a Comment