Tuesday 4 August 2015

More Grandma Fixes

Now I have not seen the twins for a while - so I decided, that even though I was tired, I really wanted to see them. So on Saturday I travelled up the M1 to Leeds. What I had not realised was that for three quarters of the journey there were 50mph speed restrictions - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! Accompanied with loads of posters warning me that my mummy or daddy works here - BUT there were NO workers! I don't mind doing 50mph when there is something happening, but why cannot the speed limit be altered? Mmmmm

Anyway enough grumblings - decided to reward myself with an espresso and a pain au raisin - getting into practice for my holiday.


Next stop Leeds. Oh have the twins grown - sounding just like my grandma. How I used to dislike her saying that.


Karis is on the left and Sophia to the right. Very hard to tell the difference. We had to pop into a local supermarket and for the girls this is a novelty as they order their groceries online and have it delivered to their door.













Lunch at The Gate House at Kirkstall Abbey. Rather yummy lunch for us adults. The girls was not so exciting!






















































OK so I travel north and what happens - rain! So the park was out of the question and instead we headed out to Tropical World, along with what seemed like half of Leeds! Golly I haven't been there for years.



Whilst daddy queued up to pay the girls played with the toys in the gift shop. They loved these snakes.


Oh and this card rack is great fun for swinging around!



Eventually we make it inside and oh I wanted to take lots of photographs of all the beautiful butterflies, but the girlies had other ideas!


This fish was enormous in comparison to the twins.


Scarey snakes!


The girls have always loved flowers.


We arrived just as they were feeding the meerkats.



Naturally the exit was though the gift shop again! I'm not sure that the girls didn't enjoy this more than the animal areas!


It was then back for a cuppa and time to make my way back down that M1. Came up with a new coping strategy for all the speed limits - every time I saw the speed cameras I ate a piece of savoury popcorn! That seemed to help relieve the boredom and frustration.

Well the rest of my week is filled to the brim. The Bristol family are up for a few days as the daddy has to see a client in Leicestershire. Also it coincides with Rowan's 2nd birthday. Then in the evening as they go some friends are coming to watch and celebrate the start of The Great British Bake Off. 
I have baked a madeira cake especially as that it what the contestants are making - see how my cake compares to theirs!



 The next evening number one daughter flies in from Northern Ireland and we plus Mrs A are off to Birmingham to the NEC for Festival of Quilts Show.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy lives to read my ramblings, have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment