Sunday 11 January 2015

A Bit of Crafting

You may remember me saying that I was busy making something for Christmas but couldn't say anything. Well Christmas has passed and now my daughter has her presie. I crocheted her a blanket to cuddle up to. I used stylecraft special double knitting wool in coastal colours from the wonderful website shop Wool Warehouse. The company send the wool in a lovely muslin bag, such a treat when it arrives. Well here is the result.


I loved the colours and still have the delights of some wool left to use up.

Now my friend has been busy making some applique squares for an advent calendar for 2015, the design is from Quilt Mania. I think she has done a wonderful job, she still has more to go but thought I'd share what she has done so far.


This one is my favourite....


Whilst away at Christmas I made this small crochet bag to use for work.


It's rather bright but I was using some leftover wool.

The other thing I have been making recently is a blanket for the baby to be born anyday now. I adapted a pattern from the book Granny Square Crochet by Catherine Hirst.


At the moment I have it blocked to make the shape a little more improved.



Now all we need is for this baby to be born!

No comments:

Post a Comment