Tuesday 19 May 2015

Ooops Forgot A Title

Oh dear I think I am becoming a boring old f.... My life has been very much routine. I have had no adventures and my camera has barely come off its shelf:(  Typically this is my week Monday - work and then in the evening a craft group meets in my home. Tuesday - work and then the evening I catch up on phone calls and some crafting. Wednesday - work and a mad dash home before I go out again for Bach choir rehearsals. Thursday - work and then an evening to craft. Friday - work and maybe a walk in the evening if the weather is nice along the canal at Foxton Locks or visiting friends etc. Saturday - at this time of year Mr P plays cricket and either I see my dad, occasionally go out with Mrs A, or I go shopping and cook a yummy meal for Mr P's return. Sunday - church and then I do not move from the house so that I can do crafting! OK in between work I do do housework, ironing, washing etc and try to go swimming 3-4 times a week. So I'm definitely a bore! But in two weekends time we are going glamping for the weekend - so that will be exciting and thoughts of summer holidays are going around my head. Mr P has booked the ferries - Dover to Calais and then St Malo to Portsmouth. We shall be mooching around the Loire Valley, camping, and then ending up at an island for a beachy part to the holiday. Sooooooooooooo looking forward to that.  I enjoy reading other peoples blogs and I get sooo envious when I see them in the middle of beautiful countryside or by the coast. Guess that's what happens when you live in the middle of the country!

It took me till last night to overcome my fed up feelings with my Kate dress and finally finished the neckband(after four attempts to get it right)! Hurray. I can now wear the dress.



I like the buttons on the pockets. Oh and can you see the wee bird!


OK next week I will be boring you with grandchildren pictures as No 3 and family are staying the week whilst her hubby will be having his head in books as he revises for a really big CFA exam.

Tomato plant update:

Plant One last week:





This week:


Golly still getting taller! Uh oh hope it stops soon otherwise I will not be able to keep them on the kitchen window ledge!

Plant Two last week:


This week:


I actually thought the plants hadn't grown much in the last week but I was wrong!

My recent crafting project is one that Mr P cannot get his head around. He kind of gives it a queer look and "what's that or what you going to do with it?" remarks come out of his mouth!


You need to ignore the round metal discs around the edge - they are holding the fabric onto a frame, to keep it taught.  The correct name for this piece of work is a Chemanthy Panel. I guess you could describe it as a kind of Indian sampler! I saw the pattern in the magazine Stitch, published by the embroiders guild, Issue 90.


These circles are actually the chemanthy stitch - they were such fun to do. I also enjoyed sewing the five shisha mirrors. So I don't know what you think to the work I'm doing but I'm enjoying myself.

Finally last night just before I went to bed I decided I needed to let my fingers be holding a crochet hook - getting crochet withdrawals! So started on my first mandala circle, please excuse the colours I was just messing around anyway managed to achieve this much in 20 minutes -not finished yet.


Note to myself - I must get out more and be more adventurous! Hope you all have a good week, thanks for popping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment